Re: [Emacs-diffs] emacs-26 3db388b: Speed up (format "%s" STRING) and th

From: Kaushal Modi
Subject: Re: [Emacs-diffs] emacs-26 3db388b: Speed up (format "%s" STRING) and the like
Date: Fri, 06 Oct 2017 17:49:43 +0000

On Fri, Oct 6, 2017 at 1:45 PM Paul Eggert <address@hidden> wrote:

Thanks, that did the trick. I reproduced the problem on an RHEL 6.9
platform. The problem was due to a significant typo in one of my earlier
commits, a typo that was exposed by the commit that you mentioned. To
fix it, I installed the attached patch into emacs-26 and merged emacs-26
to master.

Awesome! I'll try the latest commit soon.

BTW what would be the simplest way to explain why it worked using the Makefile in hydra pkg, but not when installed via pacakge.el? Inspite of same (right?) .elc files?

I looked at the commit, but being C-illiterate, made no sense to me.

PS:
Also shouldn't bug reports be easier to write (and recipes easy to reproduce) if that macro be made part of emacs core? So that people can assimilate info about packages needing to be installed, followed by elisp forms in a concise fashion? Eli?
--

Kaushal Modi