Re: Selecting tooltip frames considered harmful

From: martin rudalics
Subject: Re: Selecting tooltip frames considered harmful
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2018 10:05:00 +0100

> We should not allow selecting a tooltip frame, either.  It makes no
> sense to do that.

But how would we go about that?  Refuse selecting a tooltip (or,
better, a frame without minibuffer window) right in select_window and
do_switch_frame?  Or have the callers of select_window and
do_switch_frame check whether the chosen frame can be selected?

And would we allow 'select-window' to return nil?

martin