Re:

From: andrés ramírez
Subject: Re:
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2018 19:53:13 -0600

On Mon, 26 Feb 2018 11:24:16 -0600,
Daniel Colascione wrote:

> On 12/31/1969 04:00 PM,  wrote:
> >> Why wouldn't the phone run a newer Emacs?
> >
> > info 4.3 is not supported anymore which is installed on kernel 2.6.28.
>
> Can't bootstrap a newer makeinfo?
I could compile with --without-makeinfo too. I remember I compiled the
previous release candidate of emacs there and found a bug on eww because
of these old libraries. But emacs-23 have also a small binary which is
paramount on those devices (see the nokia n800). Which I do not turn on
almost for a year now.

> Cool. I've wanted better mobile support for Emacs for ages. I've been
> disappointed with all the org-mode mobile client options, and I think
> there's no substitute for the real thing.

Yes this phone is the real linux phone. I can make phone calls from
bbdb, text from bbdb also. store gps points when needed on a text
file (with a key combination). having with me all my org files is really nice.
I need to
hildonize the emacs source code. It means replacing:

wtop = gtk_window_new (GTK_WINDOW_TOPLEVEL);
on ~/abs/emacs-27.0.50/src/gtkutil.c

With
wtop = hildon_window_new();
hildon_gtk_window_set_portrait_flags (GTK_WINDOW(window),
HILDON_PORTRAIT_MODE_SUPPORT);

And Emacs is going to support screen rotation (portrait mode). On the
phone.