Re: Variable-width font indentation

From: Sam Steingold
Subject: Re: Variable-width font indentation
Date: Tue, 06 Mar 2018 13:53:54 -0500

> * Daniel Colascione <address@hidden> [2018-03-06 08:38:28 -0800]:

> How would you serialize the result?

This is actually the question that bothers me too.
I think we need to separate "visual" indentation for word processing
from "semantic" indentation for coding.
The former should be serialized to something like HTML or LaTeX,
and the latter to plain text as it is done now.

IOW, I think the path to word processing in Emacs lies in html-mode
improvements.

Thanks.

--
Sam Steingold (http://sds.podval.org/) on darwin Ns 10.3.1561