Re: Building the igc branch on MS-Windows

From: Gerd Möllmann
Subject: Re: Building the igc branch on MS-Windows
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2024 14:40:49 +0200

On 2024-04-25 14:35, Helmut Eller wrote:
On Thu, Apr 25 2024, Eli Zaretskii wrote:

   emacs -Q
   C-x C-f src/xdisp.c RET
   Lean on C-v to scroll through the buffer

This crashes for me too.  But only with the GTK GUI; in TTY mode it
works.  I even found an easier way to let the GUI version crash:

./src/emacs -Q src/xdisp.c -eval '(igc--collect)'

I would start by investigating what stuff reachable from struct frame is and is not traced, which depends a bit on the platform. Also font stuff probably, terminals, scroll bar things (at least in NS I know there is something), and I don't know what else.