Re: MPS: face-cache

From: Gerd Möllmann
Subject: Re: MPS: face-cache
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2024 14:57:01 +0200

Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:

> As another "interesting" anomaly, the implementation of TTY menus
> writes directly into the frame glyph matrix, see
> xdisp.c:display_tty_menu_item.  I wonder whether there's something we
> need to do about that as well, since the menu text comes from Lisp
> strings.

I see, the pane_string in tty_menu_show, for example.

The char * in the tty_menu would keep the string_data alive and
immovable if they were on the stack somewhere. Alas, I don't understand
how the menus are handled. Is there some form of "event loop" running
when the menu is up and interacted with? Or is it "normal" keyboard.c
input handling?