Re: [Orgmode] keep newlines on pdf export

From: Bill Powell
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] keep newlines on pdf export
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2009 18:25:30 -0500

At Mon, 14 Dec 2009 17:20:36 -0500,
Nick Dokos wrote:

> Bill Powell <address@hidden> wrote:

> > I use org-mode's export to LaTeX to make flashcards for students who
> > want a printout they can cut into paper flashcards. For those who
> > prefer to review flashcards with Anki, I use export to HTML. My
> > post-processor perl scripts will be much happier if org-mode takes
> > care of the linebreaks. :-)
> >

> Can you post a short example? Both the org file and (a pointer to) the
> PDF/HTML files, if possible.

Nick,

Well, in this case, it would be kind of tricky to do a minimal working
example, because I use a pretty ugly post-processor script to patch
things up, and the final PDF output also depends on several external
LaTeX classes. I was just offering this as an example use of where
org-mode inserting a "\linebreak" could be helpful.

> This is off the top of my head, but wouldn't an item list do what you want?
> Something like
>
> * topic
> ** subtopic
>
>    - item
>    - item
>    - item

Sometimes I do, and that can be handy. But the item list won't always
work because LaTeX and HTML usually spaces item lists, and add
bullets, and do that kind of thing. I guess I could use memoir.cls and
\tightlists.

Thanks,
Bill Powell