Re: [O] recurring events with different notes for each occurrence

From: Karl Voit
Subject: Re: [O] recurring events with different notes for each occurrence
Date: Sun, 6 Oct 2013 13:40:26 +0200

* Jarmo Hurri <address@hidden> wrote:

> Greetings Karl.

Hi!

> Karl Voit <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> org-clone-subtree-with-time-shift
>
> That will do the work, but as a programmer I must say that I do not
> really like this technique, since it involves copying the same
> information to a large number of places.

:-)

I thought you wanted to get different instances per occurrence in
order to add different notes to it.

As a programmer, I do understand your objection. However, I tend to
have following structure:

    * Events
    ** LUGG meetings                  :LUGG:common:tags:

       - common information about this event

    *** <...> single occurrence
    *** <...> another occurrence
    [...]

For other purposes, I am also using the following approach:

    * Events
    ** LUGG meetings                  :LUGG:common:tags:

       - common information about this event

       - <2013-09-30 Sun 18:00-20:00>
       - <2013-10-06 Sun 18:00-20:00>
       - [...]

This is a rather minimal approach and works only if you do show
each time-stamp in your agenda. You can still add notes as a
sub-list to any occurrence.

However, AFIAK you can not use org-clone-subtree-with-time-shift
with it. (... except by using the first method above and convert the
heading to list items - the opposite to C-c C-*)

> In any case, thanks for the tip! I learned something new, and may have
> to resort to using the approach anyway.

You're welcome.

--
mail|git|SVN|photos|postings|SMS|phonecalls|RSS|CSV|XML to Org-mode:

https://github.com/novoid/extract_pdf_annotations_to_orgmode + more on github