Re: [O] Multi-file and master files

From: Rasmus
Subject: Re: [O] Multi-file and master files
Date: Wed, 01 Oct 2014 15:27:01 +0200

Hi Phillip,

address@hidden (Phillip Lord) writes:

> Hmmm. I seem to have trashed by org install by loading from ELPA;
> currently, interactively, I can't export at all.

Do C-h f on some org functions and check that they are from the elpa
installation.

See also:

     http://orgmode.org/org.html#Installation

Namely:
> Important: you need to do this in a session where no .org file has
> been visited, i.e. where no Org built-in function have been
> loaded. Otherwise autoload Org functions will mess up the
> installation.

If you didn't adhere to this, maybe try to delete your
~/.emacs.d/elpa/org... and try installing again from emacs -q.

> It's still working through by batch process which is using cask and
> probably has a different version of org.

I don't understand what you're trying to say here.

> Is there a stable org-mode package repo? At the moment, both ELPA and
> the org-mode repo appear to be bleeding egde...

Yeah, it's the maint branch in the git repo.  Are you sure that
org-elpa isn't using maint?

  http://orgmode.org/elpa.html

BTW: I now see the bug you are talking about (missing footnotes for
second file) when I start with emacs -Q, i.e. using the org version
shipped with Emacs.

—Rasmus

--
May contains speling mistake