Re: [O] Org and ledger

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: [O] Org and ledger
Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2014 18:51:32 +0000

On Friday,  7 Nov 2014 at 13:19, Sharon Kimble wrote:
> Alan Schmitt <address@hidden> writes:
>
> Thanks Alan for this. Ledger is something that I would dearly love to be
> using, but I can't find a good tutorial [by which I mean, it works in
> small steps which build on the previous steps]. I've looked at
>
> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-orgmode/2014-04/msg00727.html
> http://orgmode.org/worg/org-tutorials/weaving-a-budget.html
> http://hledger.org/step-by-step
>
> The last one looked the most promising until I tried "ledger add" which
> replied -
>
> ledger add -f ~/.emacs.d/ledger/ledger.journal
> Error: Unrecognized command 'add'
>
> So now I'm stumped!

Well, ledger and hledger are different tools that use the same (very
similar) data files.  The invocation of each is different.  org supports
ledger out of the box but not hledger.

The ledger manual is good enough to get started, in my opinion, if you
stick to the simple examples and don't try to customise much.

There is a short org ledger tutorial on Worg.  I'm offline at the moment
so cannot give you the link but it's there!  I wrote it... :)

--
: Eric S Fraga (0xFFFCF67D), Emacs 24.3.1, Org release_8.3beta-372-gdd70cf