Re: [O] backend for todo.txt format (todotxt.com)

From: Stefan Huchler
Subject: Re: [O] backend for todo.txt format (todotxt.com)
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2016 05:31:43 +0100

Hi Rasmus,

Rasmus <address@hidden> writes:
> When you sync tasks, do they show up in the task program or only the
> calendar?

I only see them in the sync complete dialog and in the owncloud browser
calendar interface, if ist does not sync normal tasks without timestamps
its not what I am searching at the moment so I did not test the android part.

> The google thing sounds weird.  I thought org-caldav didn’t support the
> google.

the google server settings are the default settings from org-caldav-xxxx
variables alles far alles I read it on the github site it should support
google, you have to read there further if the support is complete or
not, but chances are its complete when he makes them the default
settings :)

> No idea.

captured a task to report this bug/feature :)

> CalDAV supports tasks.  I will try to set up my phone with Tasks again.
> The problem would be to sync ’em.  I don’t know if things need to be
> changed in ox-icalendar or in org-caldav.

thx again the problem was more about the exporting from org. the android
creation push support is not so importent to me, or at least less
important. A readonly android solution would be good eenough for a first
step, I just want to see if its useful and I gain something from having
it, I guess so, but have to have some prototype to see if its useful.

> It would be great to be able to view the planning and TODO aspect of Org
> in "normal" mobile phone programs on the go.

I think so too. Org-caldav seems relativ solid, and caldav is a nice
standard, so seems a good way to go.

But I next most likely give the todo.txt thing a try, just to have
something working, and if its only to have a tasklist with the entry:

* TODO try to find out how to sync/export timeless tasks with org-caldav

:)