Re: [O] Automatic mtime and ctime on all or select group of trees?

From: Adam Porter
Subject: Re: [O] Automatic mtime and ctime on all or select group of trees?
Date: Fri, 01 Sep 2017 20:09:40 -0500

As Eric mentioned, a heading can be created by simply typing, so making
that detect whether a new heading is created is possible, but I guess it
would require some ugly hacks.  Maybe if you could hook into the
font-lock code, but like I said...ugly hacks.  :)

However, it would be easy to add advice to the heading-creating
commands, so if you always use those to create headings, that would do
it for you.

For modification time, that would be more challenging.  I guess you
could use post-command-hook and update an mtime property in the current
node with every keystroke.  Another way might be to add a function to
the before-save-hook that would diff the buffer with the file and update
the mtime in each node that has been changed.