Re: [O] BUG - org-agenda-show-future-repeats not mentioned in org.pdf

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] BUG - org-agenda-show-future-repeats not mentioned in org.pdf
Date: Sat, 09 Sep 2017 18:19:11 +0200

Hello,

Sharon Kimble <address@hidden> writes:

> Seeing this new variable I've been trying to set it up to stop all the
> future displays of each and every task being displayed in my 31 days
> agenda.
>
> I've updated my git/org-mode and then built the new 'org.pdf', opened it
> and then had a quick browse for 'org-agenda-show-future-repeats'. I then
> did a search of the whole file and it isn't mentioned at all!

The manual cannot possibly (and doesn't) contain a reference to every
variable.

> I was hoping to see something which showed how to use it, as currently I
> have each and every repeat showing for each and every day of my 31-day
> agenda.

You can know how to use it by looking at its docstring. I copy it here
for reference:

   Non-nil shows repeated entries in the future part of the agenda.
   When set to the symbol ‘next’ only the first future repeat is shown.

> If we have changes, especially major ones like this, could they not be
> mentioned in the org.pdf with perhaps a new chapter titled 'Changes' and
> then giving details of how to use the new commands, please?

The variable was introduced in <http://orgmode.org/Changes.html>

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou