Re: [O] BUG - org-agenda-show-future-repeats not mentioned in org.pdf

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] BUG - org-agenda-show-future-repeats not mentioned in org.pdf
Date: Sun, 10 Sep 2017 13:45:41 +0200

Sharon Kimble <address@hidden> writes:

> You are assuming that everyone knows what a 'docstring' is, and how to
> get it or find out about it. Unfortunately, I don't fit into that
> category, so when I saw on "http://orgmode.org/Changes.html"; 'See
> docstring for details.' I was, and still am, completely flummoxed by it,
> which is why I looked for it in an updated 'org.pdf'.

Emacs has an extensive help system. For example <F1> <F1> displays
a list of all help you can get. In particular, in this menu, you can see

  v VARIABLE  Display the given variable's documentation and value.

So if you hit `v', you can select `org-agenda-show-future-repeats' and
read its documentation string, or "docstring".

A shortcut for this is

  <F1> v org-agenda-show-future-repeats RET

Another way to look at it is to use the Customization system Emacs
offers. To get there, you can use

 M-x customize-group RET org RET

You can then browse variables by category, or directly search for the
one you're looking for in the search bar at the top of the buffer.

HTH.

Regards,