[emacs-wiki-discuss] Daily page vs. project page

From: pll+ew
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Daily page vs. project page
Date: Fri, 02 Apr 2004 12:37:02 -0500

Hi all,

On my daily page, I want to create a task which refers to a project
page.  For example I'd like to see:

 #A1 _ PayBills {{Tasks:23}}

Then, on the PayBills project page, I'd like to enter a bunch of
tasks:

 #A1 _ Electric bill
 #A2 _ Water bill
 #A3 _ PhoneBill
 #A4 _ Cable bill

And on the PhoneBill project page:

 #A1 _ home phone
 #A2 _ business phone
 #A3 _ my cell phone
 #A4 _ spouse cell phone

When I do this now, each of these items ends up on the daily page
(assuming the date I assigned to them is either today, or something
in the past and I have planner-carry-tasks-forward non-nil).

I'd rather just see the top task of:

 #A1 _ PayBills

on my daily page.  For the day, that is one task.  It's made up of
many little tasks, some of which have sub-tasks, but I don't need
them all cluttering up my day view of Things-to-do.

Is this possible?

Thanks,

--
Seeya,
Paul

GPG Key fingerprint = 1660 FECC 5D21 D286 F853  E808 BB07 9239 53F1 28EE