Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Difference between Notes, Tasks, Schedule, and

From: Alan Schussman
Subject: Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Difference between Notes, Tasks, Schedule, and Diary?
Date: Mon, 05 Apr 2004 18:53:08 -0400

Jody Klymak wrote:
Schedule and Diary are pretty much synonymous.  Thats why I only have
Diary in my set up.  However, you could imagine Diary giving you an

I agree that diary and schedule seem synonymous, and I also use just one of them. Now that I've discovered planner-diary (Happy day! Thanks, Thomas), I use only the diary and am able to keep an automatically-updated daily schedule in each day page. For my own mental reasons, I set planner-diary-string to "* Schedule" -- somehow, "diary" isn't quite the term I want. As a general observation, the flexibility of all these tools seems to me such a great strength. Now that I have some rough idea of how some of this stuff fits together, I love being able to do something like set planner-diary-string and see that, aha, it works!

-Alan