Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: carry-tasks-forward

From: Jody Klymak
Subject: Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: carry-tasks-forward
Date: Sat, 10 Apr 2004 10:33:50 -0700

Hi Alan,

Alan Schussman <address@hidden> writes:

> Thanks for the help! I understand how it works now. I had the
> incorrect impression that planner-goto-today also ran plan -- but now
> I understand that they're separate functions. Am I correct in thinking
> that I could do something like
>
> (add-hook 'planner-goto-today 'plan 2)
>
> to automatically invoke plan when I load today's page? (A quick test
> seems to work...)

Thats seems OK - though I didn't know you could add hooks to
arbitrary functions.  Cool.

However, I usually invoke plan near the start of the day and then use
planner-goto-today to see the plan page.  So, the above may not work.

However, you gave me the idea to simply make my own function

(defun jplan ()
  "run plan with 5 days of task collection"
  (interactive)
  (plan 5))

Should have thought of that earlier.

Cheers,  Jody