Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: carry-tasks-forward

From: fouvry+emacs-wiki
Subject: Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: carry-tasks-forward
Date: Sat, 10 Apr 2004 21:10:39 +0200 (CEST)

,-- On Sat, 10 Apr, Jody Klymak wrote:

| Hi Alan,
|
| Alan Schussman <address@hidden> writes:
|
| > Thanks for the help! I understand how it works now. I had the
| > incorrect impression that planner-goto-today also ran plan -- but now
| > I understand that they're separate functions. Am I correct in thinking
| > that I could do something like
| >
| > (add-hook 'planner-goto-today 'plan 2)

I strongly doubt this will work: it added a call to the function
plan into the variable planner-goto-today at the end (because of
2, which is non-nil).  C-h f add-hook RET.  The syntax is
correct, but this won't do anything, except if there happens to
be a variable planner-goto-today that contains a list of function
calls.  In that case, planner-goto-today should not be named like
this anyway.

Frederik