Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: Access control for published pages

From: pll+ew
Subject: Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: Access control for published pages
Date: Mon, 07 Jun 2004 12:35:45 -0400

In a message dated: Mon, 07 Jun 2004 10:50:42 CDT
Andrew J. Korty said:

>address@hidden writes:
>
>> .htaccess files and interwiki links would may likely solve your
>> problems.
>
>I could use .htaccess to limit access on the page level.  That would
>be okay for project pages, but what if a day page contained notes for
>a project I wanted kept private?  I need the access control at the
>note level.

Ahh, I was mis-interpreting you to mean that you had separate sets of
pages to keep private, I somehow missed the note-level requirement.

>Then, wouldn't I have to worry about translating between Wiki markup
>languages?  The Mason solution is simpler, in my opinion.  I can use
>the emacs-wiki publishing functions to generate one HTML file per
>note.  A bit of Masonry can piece them back together as day pages or
>project pages on the fly.

Yeah, if you need to worry about note-level security, then something
perly/masonry would likely be better.

Sorry for the confusion.
--
Seeya,
Paul

GPG Key fingerprint = 1660 FECC 5D21 D286 F853  E808 BB07 9239 53F1 28EE