[emacs-wiki-discuss] a couple more planner things

From: Yvonne Thomson
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] a couple more planner things
Date: Wed, 09 Jun 2004 18:34:36 +1000

Hi.

A couple of things came up while I was doing some planning this
afternoon.
One, shouldn't planner-id-update-automatically be a customizable
variable? <grin> <ducks for cover for mentioning yet another customize
thing>

The second one's a bit more interesting, I promise. Or at least I hope
so. If you're on a
certain planner date page, and use planner-create-task-from-buffer to
create a task, I think it'd be a bit more intuitive to have the date
default to that date, rather than the actual system date. It'd be even
nicer, but probably not as useful, to be able to create a planner task
from the calendar for a day the same way you can view or jump to it.

Does anyone else think either of these is useful? Or am I being neurotic
again? Or, have I missed yet another variable or function that already
exists to do these things?