Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: a couple more planner things

From: Yvonne Thomson
Subject: Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: a couple more planner things
Date: Sat, 12 Jun 2004 10:14:15 +1000

At Fri, 11 Jun 2004 22:22:43 +0800,
Sacha Chua wrote:

> Hmmm. The prefix argument's already being used to indicate that this
> task won't have a plan page, although now that "nil" is a perfectly
> acceptable plan page specifier, we can change the prefix to mean
> "Create task on this page" instead. In that case, it will create the
> task for the current page, and prompt for the missing page (plan or
> date).

Wow, cool. It certainly works for me. The argument thing was my
*original* plan until I looked at the fact that it was being used for
something else. It just adds to the beauty of the fact that, wherever
you are, you hit one key to enter a task and it does what you expect it
to do.

> > Do you think it'd be too "magical" to tack this on to
> > create-task-from-buffer as well? I can't figure out if this'd be too
> > confusing, or whether if you were in calendar and hit
> > "create-task-from-buffer" you'd *expect* the task to be planned on
> > the day you were looking at. Again, we could use a variable to
> > decide this, but heck, planner's got more flags already than most
> > apps.
>
> Come to think of it, that behavior makes sense for planner.
> planner--dev--1.0--patch-103.

Cool! Thanks. God I love this project, <grin>. The more ideas we all
come up with, the more features we  get, and quickly too. I've actually
come up with a couple more ideas which I'll mention in another
message. <ducks for cover> You can hit me with a virtual mallet if it'll
make you feel better, <grin>.