Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: muse comments?

From: TC
Subject: Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: muse comments?
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2004 02:08:00 +0100

> Yes, this is also a bug.  Good finds!  I have them marked to be done
> soon.  I'm glad to catch these before inserting into Emacs.  Any
> others?

John, muse seems to support hierarchy from the source side of things
(i.e. when creating source text files using muse).  But publishing
doesn't seem to. There are two symptoms:

1. muse-project-publish doesn't seem to be sensitive to changes made to
files within a subdirectory of the main muse directory

and

2. Files within subdirectories don't get published even when
muse-project-publish does run (e.g. when a file in the main muse
directory has changed).

However, apart from editing, the hierarchy seems to work fine.

For example, suppose my main muse directory is "~/muse-src" and it has a
subdirectory, "~/muse-src/subdir". The publish directories are
"~/muse-publish" and "~/muse-publish/src".  I did the following:

a. I created ~/muse-src/topfile, containing the following:

   This is topfile.  Here is a link to [[muse-subdir/subfile][subfile]].

b. I then hit <CR> over the link in topfile and, as expected, was taken
to a new buffer for ~/muse-src/subdir/subfile.  Cool (although, it
doesn't handle things very well if subdir doesn't exist).  subfile
contains the following:

   This is subfile.  Here is a link to [[topfile][topfile]].

c. I hit <CR> over the link in subfile and, as expected,  was taken to
the existing buffer for topfile.  And successively hitting <CR> over the
links took me back and forth between the buffers.  Fine.

So, by this stage it looks like hierarchy works.  But:

d. I then hit C-c C-p from within topfile (having first removed the
offending save-some-buffers-action-alist), and found that topfile.html
and topfile.pdf were published to the correct places, but subfile was
not published at all.

e. If I modify topfile and attempt to republish, muse-project-publish
runs fine (albeit without publishing any of the subdir).  But if I
modify subfile and then try to publish, I'm told that no pages in my
project need published at this time.

tc