[emacs-wiki-discuss] Sub-notes?

From: pll+ew
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Sub-notes?
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2004 09:55:15 -0400

I recently stumbled upon an idea/feature I thought others might like.
I tend to place a lot of information in my daily page in the form of
notes.  I've taken to, rather than create new notes and link to
older-related notes on the same page (or on project pages) to just
updating them with a timestamp.  So, for example, I may have note
such as:

(on the 2004.06.18 daily page)

  * Notes:

  .#1 did a bunch of stuff (Project#3)

  blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

  Updated:  Wed, 23 Jun 09:23:24 EDT 2004

  blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

After adding the 'Updated' timestamp and text, I run
M-x planner-update-note, and this gets copied to Project#3 as well.
However, I'd like this to appear as a note on that day's daily page
as well.  So, I've been manually altering the 'Updated' line as:

  * Notes:

  .#1 did a bunch of stuff (Project#3)

  blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

  #1a Updated:  Wed, 23 Jun 09:23:24 EDT 2004 (2004.06.23#4)

  blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

Then, on the 2004.06.23 page, manually copying this portion of the
note in as:

  .#4 Updated:  Wed, 23 Jun 09:23:24 EDT 2004 (2004.06.18#1a)

  blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

I'm curious, is there any way to automate this concept up subnotes and updating?
Do others like this idea?  Or, better yet, does anyone else have a
better, more automated method of dealing with this concept?

Thanks,
--
Seeya,
Paul

GPG Key fingerprint = 1660 FECC 5D21 D286 F853  E808 BB07 9239 53F1 28EE