[emacs-wiki-discuss] changing planner-directory on the fly

From: Raymond Zeitler
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] changing planner-directory on the fly
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2004 12:06:44 -0400

Hello again!

I wrote a function to allow for multiple planner-directories.  In my
case, I'm trying to keep Work and Personal separate.  The code follows.

When I first tried using Planner, I intended to use it to maintain a
personal journal.  But seeing what all of you do with Planner inspired
me to use it for work as well.  And it's very helpful!

Anyway, here is the code.  I wrote it hastily.  I'd prefer to close
all Planner buffers before changing planner-directory rather than just
save them.  I'll make that change when I get some more time.  As well,
the publishing directory will need to be split eventually, but since I
don't publish yet, that's a very low priority task.

Your comments and criticisms will be appreciated.

(defun select-planner-directory (&optional arg)
  "Change `planner-directory' to either a Work or a Personal directory.
Use \\[universal-argument] to set `planner-directory' to
`spd-planner-personal-directory'.
Otherwise set it to `spd-planner-work-directory'."
  (interactive "*P")
  (let ((spd spd-planner-work-directory))
    (if arg
        (setq spd spd-planner-personal-directory))
    (if (eq spd planner-directory)
        (message "Planner is already using %s." spd)
      (planner-save-buffers)
      (setq planner-directory spd)
      (message "Planner is switching to %s." spd)
      (plan))))

--
Raymond Zeitler <address@hidden>