[emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: Questions about emacs-wiki.el

From: Gary V. Vaughan
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: Questions about emacs-wiki.el
Date: Wed, 07 Jul 2004 11:36:53 +0100

Salut Nicolas:

Nicolas Charpentier wrote:
> * /Problem/ of multiple WikiName.
>
> In fact I want to do a website in french and english. Each language
> will be in one directory and I need to be able to generate an
> navigation between each language. I can do this using 2 projects and
> using a navigation link generated in the /header/ of each page. (the
> navigation will be based on relative directories ( something like
> href="../en/<lisp>(emacs-wiki-page-name)</lisp>.html" ).
> By the way, your proposition to introduce /implicit interwiki link/
> seems to be a solution to do this kind of navigation.

The implicit linking won't help here, unless the pages have different
wikinames: remember that the search stops in the current project if a
matching page is found.

I think your header approach is correct.

> * Using directory hierarchy.
>
> Well, I use hierarchy to organize my files. I don't matter the way
> they are generated (flat mode or hierarchy mode). As all wikiname is
> unique inside a wiki project, it may be simplier to generate a flat
> site. At this time, file are generated with the same hierarchy and
> this broke the WikiIndex.html.
> What is the way you want emacs-wiki.el to work ?

emacs-wiki-markup-link doesn't understand heirarchies, so published
links to WikiName pages (including the ones in the index) do not work.
I haven't figured out how this interacts with the new protocol stuff
yet, so I can't offer a quick patch :-(

> * Using TLA.
>
> I see that your are using TLA as version control system. I'm /fluent/
> with CVS but I try to find a more efficient system.
> How is your experience with TLA ?

I am in heaven =)O|  Going back to CVS really hurts these days.

> Does it work well on Windows ? (with cygwin)

No, the windows filesystem can't handle long paths, and it messes with
the case of created files.  There is a port in the works though, you
can find it by googling for 'Leroy Lode tla'...

> * Emacs-Wiki mailing list.
>
> I don't have any internet access during my work hours. Please could
> you give me the way to subscribe to the mailing list. I'm quite sure
> that my questions, remarks should be post on the list.

If it works like all the other mailing lists email interface, then you
can send an email with Subject: Subscribe (and maybe a body 'subscribe'
too) to address@hidden

> Thanks for all your work on emacs-wiki.el

The glory belongs to John, Damien and Sacha... I just throw a spanner
in the works from time to time :*)

Cheers,
        Gary.
--