[emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: Planner and Diary

From: Michael Olson
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: Planner and Diary
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2004 13:11:33 -0500

Luís Henriques <address@hidden> writes:
> 13 September
>   * entry 1
>   * entry 2
>     - entry 2.1
>     - entry 2.2
>   * entry 3
>
> Of course, emacs-wiki does not handle this correctly. First, it handles
> the first lines as a quote paragraph (it begins with 2 spaces); then,
> the rest is also not recognized as I would like.

For your diary file, it's best if you follow the convention in the
"(emacs) Diary" info page.  For example, my entries look like:

Oct 11, 2004             October break, no classes
Oct 12, 2004             October break, no classes
Nov 24, 2004             Thanksgiving vacation first day
Nov 29, 2004 7:30        Classes resume
Nov 30, 2004 7:30 8:30   Meeting with advisor

I use 24-hour time so that my entries can be more compact, but you
have a good amount of choice in how you set it up.  For lists and
sublists, you might want to think about making sections and outlines
in your planner page for the day.  For example:

* Task 1
#A1 _ Important step
#A2 _ The next step
#B1 _ Could do this if I wanted to ...