[emacs-wiki-discuss] emacs-wiki internals : is there a function to colle

From: Pierre-François Gomez
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] emacs-wiki internals : is there a function to collect the wiki-links of page ?
Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2005 02:19:52 +0100

Hello emacs-wikists and planners,

The subject asks it all : is there a function to collect all the
WikiLinks appearing in a given page ? Or how would you do that ?

I ask because i'm on the process of writing a function[1] which will
publish a site map from an emacs-wiki directory, whenever the pool of
emacs-wiki pages changes in some way (addition / suppression of a page,
you name it...).

I think this site map should just be some html snippet, published in a
separate file (like header and footer) by this function. This file would
then be referenced from my 'header' file, which is in turn used by
emacs-wiki-publish.

This "emacs-wiki-publish-site-map" would be given an emacs-wiki project
and a designated "root" page (defaulting to, say, WelcomePage) and would
then scan it to build a suitable tree.

I'm aware of the circularity problem inherent to the construction of a
tree from a pool of linked pages like, say, an emacs-wiki directory.

Actually, i will only try to solve this particular problem in a second
stage. I'm sure there already exists some code somewhere that already
solves it but i want this to work as soon as possible, so until then
i'll stick with a "a page is a child of the first parent who claims it"
algorithm.

If you have any idea / pointers / comments, i'd be glad to read from
you :)

I apologize in advance because i've only barely looked at the sources
and ML archives so far. Actually, i was about to send these thoughts to
myself as a sketch for tomorrow morning, and then i thought that someone
here might just have the answer handy[2].

Thank you for your time.

[1] Well, it's nearly 2:00am here so to be honest, i'm more on the
    process of reaching for my pillow :)

[2] It does look like a challenge to the list, doesn't it ? ;-)

-- Pierre-François Gomez