Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] RFC: ChangeLog entries, xtla, and Arch

From: Dryice Liu
Subject: Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] RFC: ChangeLog entries, xtla, and Arch
Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2005 10:24:07 +0800

Michael Olson <address@hidden> wrote:
> I found an xtla command that allows you to hit "C-x T a" in the
> *tla-changes* buffer to add a log entry.  Any thoughts on whether or
> not that's a good method?

I just started using xtla/arch this Sunday so here's my 2 cent:

I use "C-x T a" ofter, but not from the *tla-changes* buffer, I use it
from the source file buffer (.el). If I hit "C-x T a" outside any
function, it will insert the file name in the log entry, any place
cursor after it; if I hit it inside a function, xtla will insert the
file name and the function name into the log entry. If I add log entry
for several function in the same file, the file name will be inserted
only once and the function names will be indented. Very handy :)

And in the *tla-changes* buffer, I can hit "c" to add a log entry with
the cursor in the "Summary" line. Handy :)

Thanks for your great work!

--
Dryice @ http://dryice.3322.org

See http://www.fsf.org/philosophy/sylvester-response.html