[emacs-wiki-discuss] Cry for help: installing remember

From: Peter McArthur
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Cry for help: installing remember
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2005 00:08:47 +0000

I'm no emacs hacker, so please excuse my relative ignorance.

I'm having problems with remember.  When I start emacs, I find the
following in the *Messages* log:

File error: "Cannot open load file", "remember"

I use Debian Linux, and used apt to install the stable versions of
emacs-wiki, planner and remember.  emacs-wiki and planner seem to work
fine.  Along with a whole bunch of other .el files, the following are
in /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/

emacs-wiki/emacs-wiki.el v 2.67
planner-el/planner.el v 3.26
remember-el/remember.el v 1.5
remember-el/remember-planner.el v 1.5

I added the following lines to my .emacs file:

---SNIP---
;; Stuff that's supposed to get emacs-wiki, planner and remember working

(add-to-list 'load-path "/path/to/emacs-wiki")
(add-to-list 'load-path "/path/to/planner")
(add-to-list 'load-path "/path/to/remember")
(require 'planner)
(require 'remember) ; emacs doesn't like this line
(require 'remember-planner) ; nor does it like this one
(setq remember-handler-functions '(remember-planner-append))
(setq remember-annotation-functions planner-annotation-functions)

(plan)
---SNIP---

If I remove the the lines that emacs doesn't like,  (plan) launches fine.

Can anybody tell me if I've done anything dumb in my installation?

Thanks for your help.