[emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: Better planner/diary integration

From: Jody Klymak
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: Better planner/diary integration
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2005 09:53:56 -0800

Hi Henrik,

address@hidden (Henrik S. Hansen) writes:

> That looks interesting, but not exactly what I want.  I want a task like
>
> #A Some task at 13:05 (ProjectPage)
>
> Where the appt is there, so I don't have to have a specific * Diary
> section.  Actually, the only thing I want the diary/appt for is to pop
> up reminders when the appt is due.  I want the integration to be
> seamless.  As it is now, even with you annotation functions, you still
> have to focus on what is in the diary and what is a real planner-mode
> task.
>
> Makes sense?

Sure.

I consider tasks unscheduled things that need doing (perhaps with a
deadline), and diary items as things that I must attend at such and
such a time.  This corresponds to GTD "calendar" versus "action
items".  Therefore, I consider the distinction between *Diary* and
*Tasks* very useful.

It will be interesting to see what you come up with.  Some thinking
took place about how to edit the *Diary* section so that it would
snarf back into ~/diary.  However, it seemed hard.

I think at some point Sacha has some (python?) code that read a
"Schedule" section and put the results into a diary file.  You could
maybe check that out and start from there?  Maybe someone else
remembers it better than I do.

Cheers,  Jody

--
Jody Klymak      http://opg1.ucsd.edu/~jklymak/