Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Changing the default emacs-wiki stylesheet

From: Trent Buck
Subject: Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Changing the default emacs-wiki stylesheet
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2005 00:21:13 +1100

Up spake Neilen Marais:
> Hi.
>
> Before I started using emacs-wiki, I saw all the smooth and beautiful
> websites made by people using it, and hoped that it would have a nice
> style without me having to do anything. Alas, the default style is very
> basic. It seems an alternate style sheet can be specified by putting
>
>       #style hello.css
>
> or similar as the first line of a wiki file, but it would only apply to
> the current file. How can I get it to apply to all files in a given
> wiki?

        M-x customize-variable RET emacs-wiki-style-sheet RET

or add something like this to your .emacs file:

        (setq emacs-wiki-style-sheet "
          <link rel=\"stylesheet alternate\"
                title=\"White on Black\" href=\"/share/core-dark.css\"
                type=\"text/css\" media=\"screen\" />
          <link rel=\"stylesheet\"
                title=\"Black on White\" href=\"/share/core-light.css\"
                type=\"text/css\" media=\"screen\" />
          <link rel=\"stylesheet\"
                title=\"Black on White\" href=\"/share/core-light.css\"
                type=\"text/css\" media=\"print\" />")

You can find my style sheets here:
        http://twb.ath.cx/share/core-light.css
        http://twb.ath.cx/share/core-dark.css

Remember to reload your customization (e.g. by quitting emacs and
starting it again) and republishing (e.g. by touching all the source
files, then running emacs-wiki-publish).

--
-trent
Every reader should ask himself periodically ``Toward what end, toward