Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: Its Sunday, where's everything gone?

From: Jim Ottaway
Subject: Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: Its Sunday, where's everything gone?
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2005 11:22:58 +0000

> On Sunday 27 Feb 2005 09:17, Sharon Kimble wrote:
>> Last night when I closed emacs for the night I had three tasks in my
>> 'taskpool' to remind me to start working on them, today .... they're gone!
>> Not showing at all! Does this mean that the system, for want of a better
>> phrase, clears its memory once a week so that you start the first day of
>> the week [Sunday] with a clean slate?
>>
>> If so, is there anyway in which I can turn that behaviour off for the
>> moment please? Perhaps by commenting out some code in one particular .el?
>>
>> Its not a big problem if this is the case, but is something that I do need
>> to be aware of for the future.

> Further to this I've just seen in the 'minibuffer Window' an error report
> which might be the cause of the problem. It is "Symbols function definition
> is void: planner-appt-save-function".

> But how to sort this I don't know!

That looks like a function that used to exist in planner-appt.el.  If
I am right and you have installed planner-appt in your configuration,
I suggest you remove it for now and restart your Emacs.

There will be a new, better [and fully functioning, with any luck],
version of planner-appt very soon.

Regards,
--
Jim Ottaway