Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Doing GTD in planner

From: Seth Falcon
Subject: Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Doing GTD in planner
Date: Thu, 09 Jun 2005 09:39:00 -0700

On  9 Jun 2005, address@hidden wrote:

> Hi again.
>
> I've started with both planner / emacs-wiki during the last
> weeks. In the same time I've been reading David Allens Getting
> Things Done.
>
> If I get Allen right I suggests you put all "next actions" on lists
> that describe when your able to do them like AtComupter or AtHome or
> Calls Or Errands, rather than putting them on list for the project
> they belong to.
>
> This leads to a problem with the weekly reviews. It's hard to get an
> overview at where you stand in respect to all your ongoing projects.
>
> I'd like to be able to associate each task with two pages, one page
> telling me what project the task is a part of and one page telling
> me where I'm able to work at that task.

Take a look at planner-multi which allows you to assign tasks to
multiple plan pages.  You may also want to look at planner-trunk which
can organize your day pages by regex and hence by action-type (calls,
computer, etc).

> Is there a way of doing this in emacs-wiki with major recoding?

I suspect just about anything can be done in emacs-wiki with *major*
recoding ;-)

+ seth