[emacs-wiki-discuss] Linking To files

From: Paul D. Kraus
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Linking To files
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2005 11:07:32 -0400

Is their away to link to files anywhere on the filesystem from a task.
For instance I might have a task that will require me to right a script that generates an excel file. It would be nice to be able to have my task so that I can jump to the script for editing and even better if I could jump to the excel file and have it actually launch excel and open the file.

Example
#A  _ Create Sales Report [note] [script] [report]

where [note] equals a link to me notes on that task (I know how to do this).
where [script] is the program that i would want to open in emacs to edit (generally a perl script) and [report] which is usually an "M$ Office" binary file such as excel or word that I would want to be able to have it open excel rather than try and open the file in emacs.

Thanks,
Paul