Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] New behavior when marking tasks complete?

From: johnsu01
Subject: Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] New behavior when marking tasks complete?
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2005 20:36:38 -0400

"Charles philip Chan" <address@hidden> writes:

> On 29 Jun
> 2005, address@hidden wrote:
>
>> Immediately after marking the task complete, I guess now sorting happens?  So
>> that the task ends up down toward the bottom of the page with the other
>> completed tasks? I'm undecided whether I like that behavior, but I definitely
>> do _not_ like the fact that point jumps up to the first task in the list, no
>> matter where I was before.
>
> Set planner-tasks-never-suppress-fixing-flags to nil to get the old behaviour
> back.

Thanks. (it's planner-tasks-never-suppress-fixing-flag)

Wow, should I be able to tell what that is intended to do from the name?

Perhaps an explanation of what "fixing" tasks means is needed in the doc
string.

This setting shouldn't change where point ends up, I don't think.

I set it to nil. This does stop the completed task from moving. But, now point
moves to the _last_ task instead of the first task.

So, this point-moving seems to be bug rather than feature?

--
-johnsu01
-http://www.wjsullivan.net