Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: New behavior when marking tasks complete?

From: johnsu01
Subject: Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: New behavior when marking tasks complete?
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2005 02:46:59 -0400

Sacha Chua <address@hidden> writes:

> johnsu01 <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> I guess I can just track down what changed and change it back, but I really
>> don't think it's a good idea to move point by default. I still keep
>> accidentally marking the wrong tasks complete, because I'm trying to mark 3
>> tasks in a row, even after a couple of days of getting used to the new
>> behavior.
>
> Hmm. Let's see. Excellent point. How should we get around this? I guess we
> should revert to the old way of sorting only when we save files. My
> planner-tasks-file-behavior is nil, which is why I haven't been having
> problems
> with this. If it's set to non-nil, however, planner-save-buffers kicks in and
> saves the current file as well. I suppose we can suppress saving the current
> file when we update a task.  Could you please try this patch?

Sacha,

Thanks, it seems to be working. Point stays in its place, the completed task
does not move, my little brain cells do not get confused :).

I need to read up on all of the file behavior and saving buffers stuff. I'm
feeling a little out of the loop here --- I've just been going with the
defaults. If there is anything else I should be looking for as far as the
effects of the patch go, just let me know.

--
-johnsu01
-http://www.wjsullivan.net