Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] newbie planner user needs help

From: johnsu01
Subject: Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] newbie planner user needs help
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2005 00:10:12 -0400

"Perry E. Metzger" <address@hidden> writes:

> Hello!
>
> I'm brand new at trying to play with planner mode and emacs-wiki. Long before
> starting with planner mode, I had settled on a system where I had (and still
> have) one big file. The top of the file is my appointments, organized

[...]

> How easy would this be to do?

I think Planner will accommodate this pretty easily.

As a first step, since you don't want to have your items divided up in the
one-page-per-day model, which is a Planner default, you probably want to
experiment with turning off what we call "day pages".

You can do this with:

(setq planner-use-day-pages nil)

Now when you do M-x plan, you should get your WelcomePage. If you assign all of
your tasks and notes to this page, you'll get the one page model you're looking
for.

If you get this working and you like it, then we can work on getting the
appointments and all inserted.

To make a wiki link to an outside file, like you mentioned, just type
[[/home/me/myfile.txt][My File]] anywhere on the page.

--
-johnsu01
-http://www.wjsullivan.net