[emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: Muse handling of email address

From: drkm
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: Muse handling of email address
Date: Sat, 16 Jul 2005 02:49:49 +0200

Michael Olson <address@hidden> writes:

> drkm <address@hidden> writes:

>> I have personnal formating rules for "links" in text.  For
>> example, to type reference to a Usenet post, I use something like
>> "<USENET:address@hidden>" (Usenet Message-IDs looks like email
>> addresses).  But when I publish in HTML, I have something
>> strange.

> Can you try customizing `muse-url-regexp' and let me know if this
> solves the problem?

  The problem is that <USENET:address@hidden> is NOT an email
address.  It's a Message-ID.  But it's traited by Muse as it was
an email address (I get a mailto: link in the HTML output).

  I looked to 'planner-url-protocols' to add "USENET:" as a
protocol (actually, "<USENET:"), with the right markup function,
but there is the problem of the trailing ">".

  Maybe this variable have to be a little bit more general.
Something like 'font-lock-keywords', which is a list whose
elements can set the regexp as well as the match number (releated
to the regexp's "\\(" and "\\)"), as well as other things?

  In this case, /other things/ can be functions to say how to
"follow" the match by typing <RET>, how to output the match, etc.

--drkm