[emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: 'planner-create-task-from-buffer' is not autolo

From: drkm
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: 'planner-create-task-from-buffer' is not autoloaded.
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2005 00:23:07 +0200

Frederik Fouvry writes:

  [ I already responded a few hours ago.  I wasn't sure the post
    was sended right, and I didn't receive it.  So I rewrite,
    sorry for the possible double email. ]

> ,-- On Sun, 17 Jul 2005 00:13:13 -0400, Sacha Chua wrote:

> | Okay, now that we've gotten autoload cookies all over the place, how
> | do we tell newbies how to use them? =)

> $ cd planner
> $ emacs -l autoload --eval '(progn (setq generated-autoload-file
> "planner-loaddefs.el") (update-directory-autoloads "."))'

  It's not exactly what I expect to explain to a newbie about
using autoload cookies.  For final users, autoload cookies are
used like this:

    (load-library "planner-loaddefs")

  What you wrote is more a description of what a maintainer
needs, either in the shell prompt before releasing a new version
or in the installation Makefile, IMHO.

--drkm