Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: 'planner-create-task-from-buffer' is not au

From: Edgar Gonçalves
Subject: Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: 'planner-create-task-from-buffer' is not autoloaded.
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2005 23:09:24 +0100

This afternoon, Frederik Fouvry wrote:
> ,-- On Mon, 11 Jul 2005 11:34:14 +0100, Edgar Gonçalves wrote:
> |

> [...]
>
> | I gess, but then everyone would have to stick with those functions loaded,
> | whereas with a planner-auto.el one can opt for having them loaded (or not).
> | prefer the planner-auto.el!
>
> Not true.  When the autoloads are generated automatically, they
> are also stored in a file, and only loading that file will make
> them available.  So where's the difference (except for not having
> to update the file manually)?

My bad. I had a misconception about those cookies, so I gess they're ok to me,
after all... So, to clean the mind of others that might be thinking like me,
here's the relevant Info excerpt, cristal clear:

"There are two ways to set up an autoloaded function: by calling autoload, and
by writing a special "magic" comment in the source before the real
definition. autoload is the low-level primitive for autoloading; any Lisp
program can call autoload at any time. Magic comments are the most convenient
way to make a function autoload, for packages installed along with Emacs. These
comments do nothing on their own, but they serve as a guide for the command
update-file-autoloads, which constructs calls to autoload and arranges to
execute them when Emacs is built."

Sorry about my messing up...
--
Edgar Gonçalves