Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Using a remote/shared location for planner file

From: Patricia J. Hawkins
Subject: Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Using a remote/shared location for planner files
Date: Tue, 09 Aug 2005 14:59:35 -0400

RF> Problems that I can foresee:

RF> i. my home system is a Linux box, my work system a
RF> Windows machine (not by choice!). Sharing the file
RF> between the two might cause problems

Emacs is good about detecting Unix vs. Windows files; it will edit and
save in the appropriate format, which will be the format that's on the
ftp site, rather than the format of the machine that emacs is running
on.

It'll be under the uid of address@hidden -- that's
the user who is editing it, not address@hidden or
address@hidden

RF> So, has anyone tried it? Was it successful?

Not me, but it would be pretty easy to test.  Cute idea.

--
Patricia J. Hawkins
Hawkins Internet Applications