Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Suggestion for change in planner-replan-task

From: Curran Nachbar
Subject: Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Suggestion for change in planner-replan-task
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2005 13:58:41 -0400 (EDT)

That's odd. It works for me here to replan a task with nil for a date. What
version of emacs and what version of planner are you using?

Nuts, I just tried it again and it doesn't even prompt me for a date. When I was playing around last night I was getting some other weird behavior (see my post of 8/28) and it screwed up my project pages. This morning I blew away everything in ~/Plans and started over. So perhaps it was related to the planner-multi problems I was having.

I'm using sacha-stable.tar.gz (20-Aug-2005 16:00 754K; there are no version numbers visible on http://sacha.free.net.ph/notebook/wiki/PlannerMode.php, but planner.el contains the string "2005.08.20-17.59-stable") with GNU Emacs 21.1.1 (i586-pc-linux-gnu), fwiw.

I was wondering about planner-multi too. I'm not using it yet, so I'm not
sure.

Double nuts. I've been hoping that someone somewhere has already gotten planner-multi working for a vanilla GTD implementation, and has posted about it. Genehack seems not to be using planner-multi (http://genehack.org/2004/09/21#just-another-gtd-hacker) but I'm not sure. Where is that Alex Polite guy? :)

One thing that would be very useful, but which I haven't found so far, is a logical description of what's under the hood of PlannerMode. For instance, what is planner-trunk? I'm not afraid of parens (used to write Scheme) but if there's an English description I'd rather start there than in the code.

Thanks for the help,
Curran