[emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: muse and latex

From: Michael Olson
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: muse and latex
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2005 11:19:02 -0500

Na Li <address@hidden> writes:

> Another bug is that 'tagged' sections are not translated correctly,
> i.e., for
>
> #thissection
> ** This Section
>
> Muse attempts to insert a \hypertarget{} and rather than a
> \section{} command.  (In fact I think LaTeX/PDF are used primarily
> for printing and there is no need to have so many hyperlinks).

Can you give me the exact ideal LaTeX output from those 2 lines?  I
need this in order to figure out what to change.

> Lastly, Muse allows raw HTML tags, I wonder how they should be
> treated in latex.  Maybe they should be stripped off?  Or maybe we
> should have #html or #latex specials in muse files to allow flexible
> differential treatment?

I'd like to expand the <literal> tag as follows.  I'm still not sure
what a good syntax would look like.

<literal>
#latex
; raw LaTeX goes here
#html
; raw HTML goes here
</literal>

The idea is that if the current document is being published to LaTeX
or LaTeX/PDF, insert the text between "#latex" and "#html".  If we
publishing HTML, XHTML, or XML, use the text between "#html" and
"</literal>" instead.

Would this work well?

--
Michael Olson -- FSF Associate Member #652 -- http://www.mwolson.org/
Interests: anime, Debian, XHTML, wiki, Emacs Lisp