[emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: muse and latex

From: Na Li
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: muse and latex
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2005 14:12:09 -0500

On 12 Oct 2005, Michael Olson wrote:

> Na Li <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > Another bug is that 'tagged' sections are not translated correctly,
> > i.e., for
> >
> > #thissection
> > ** This Section
> >
> > Muse attempts to insert a \hypertarget{} and rather than a
> > \section{} command.  (In fact I think LaTeX/PDF are used primarily
> > for printing and there is no need to have so many hyperlinks).
>
> Can you give me the exact ideal LaTeX output from those 2 lines?  I
> need this in order to figure out what to change.

#notes
** Lecture Notes

becomes

HTML (OK, though not ideal),

<h3>Lecture Notes</h3>

LaTeX (bad):

\hypertarget{notes}{** Lecture} Notes

Put the anchor as in

** Lecture Notes
#notes

might be better.  But in the LaTeX output, muse will always grab the next
thing to put in the second braces of \hypertarget{}{}, that is,

#notes
 - Introduction

becomes

\hypertarget{notes}{- Introduction}

An easy fix is probably to ignore the # anchors all-together in LaTeX.

Michael