[emacs-wiki-discuss] Best Non-Muse Version

From: Kenneth Jacker
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Best Non-Muse Version
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2005 14:09:09 -0400

Greetings!

Though I am a (very) long time user of 'emacs', I have only just
recently started using 'planner'.  Though I have watched the
discussion of the move to 'muse' with interest, I feel it is best for
me to use a "non-cutting edge" version of the application.

Due to 'planner's amazingly robust "feature set" ;-), I have only
gradually added more and more functionality via additions to ".emacs".
During that process, I have come across some "problems".  I use
quotation marks since the cause(s) might be "operator error" vs. "bugs".

Before asking for help here, I want to make sure I am using the
"recommended" (non-muse) version.  As a Debian/sarge user, I have
installed and am using version 3.30 (that version number being shown
within "planner.el").  It was obtained via installing the following
Debian package:

    http://packages.debian.org/testing/misc/planner-el

Is this version (3.30) the one I should be using?

Thanks!
--
Prof Kenneth H Jacker       address@hidden
Computer Science Dept       www.cs.appstate.edu/~khj