[emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: Best Non-Muse Version

From: Kenneth Jacker
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: Best Non-Muse Version
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2005 16:04:10 -0400

  sacha> Welcome to Planner! =)

Glad to be here and using it!

  >> http://packages.debian.org/testing/misc/planner-el
  >> Is this version (3.30) the one I should be using?

  sacha> Right, that should work.  That's the stable branch.

OK, if it should be the right one, I'll begin asking questions
relative to that version ...

  sacha> For a slightly more featureful Planner, you could try
  sacha> http://sacha.free.net.ph/notebook/emacs/sacha-dev.tar.gz.

The disadvantage (for me) of the "dev" version (which I have
downloaded, but not installed) is that it isn't (to my knowledge) in a
Debian package.

Note that I don't have any issues with such "tar balls" (I've built
entire 2BSD and 4BSD system from source, built customized Linux
kernels, and installed other source level packages for years).  It is
just that I'd rather use versions that are maintained/updated by
others. :-)

I did consider using "sacha-dev", but thought I'd first see if I can
work out my "problems" with the stable branch.

  sacha> That said, most people don't seem to have a hard time
  sacha> starting out with planner-muse, so it might be worth a
  sacha> try... =)

That is another possibility ...

Thanks for any ideas!

  -Kenneth