RE: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: Nesting Sections in Muse.

From: Phillip Lord
Subject: RE: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: Nesting Sections in Muse.
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2005 13:37:28 +0100

Björn Lindström wrote:
> It's a good inititiative, but making the syntax something like the
> following would be much more readable.
>
> - Level 1 a
> - Level 1 b
> -- Level 2 a
> -- Level 2 b
> --- Level 3 a
> -- Level 2 c
> -- Level 2 d
> - Level 1 c
> - Level 1 d

This would leave enums as

  1. Level 1 a
  1. Level 1 b
  1.1.1. Level 2 a
  1.1.1. Level 2 b

etc.

Does this seem cleaner to you? Also there is the problem of what
to do if someone does....

 - Level 1
 --- Level 3
 -- Level 2

I'm not sure how that could be marked up.

I'm very open for suggestions on the syntax though. I will have to
change it to cope with enum'd lists. I was going to do

  - Level 1
  - Level 1

  >-
  - Level 2
  - Level 2

  <-
  - Level 1

or for enums

  1. Level 1
  1. Level 1

  >1.
  1. Level 2
  1. Level 2

I also want to eliminate the requirement for a free newline, but I
haven't worked out where this is coming from yet.

Perhaps you are right. Your syntax would be easier! It's probably
going to have slightly more far reaching consequencings for re-coding
the styles though.

Phil