RE: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: Nesting Sections in Muse.

From: Phillip Lord
Subject: RE: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: Nesting Sections in Muse.
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2005 16:32:48 +0100

Jim Ottaway wrote:
>> muse current doesn't know about the context as far as I can tell.
>> Each markup line is published on it's own without regard for
>> elsewhere.
>
> There are probably all sorts of niceties that I don't know about, but
> wouldn't it be more straightforward to deal with a whole list as soon
> as a list item is encountered?

I would have thought so, yes. But, I think that it might create problems

for markup within the list, which is, I guess, why this isn't done.

> It looks as though the items are made in one pass and then
> muse-publish-markup-list tries to resolve nearby items into lists.  Is
> that right?

No. It seems to be that lists are amalgamated in the finalize-buffer
method. So there must be one for each style.

> I suspect, however, that I have not really appreciated some problems
> with determining the correct context, such as where does item c end.

My suspicion as well. I don't know why it has been implemented
in this way.