Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: Nesting Sections in Muse.

From: Jim Ottaway
Subject: Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: Nesting Sections in Muse.
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2005 16:25:14 +0100

> I think the most natural syntax would be

>       - level 1
>           - level 2
>           - level 2
>         - level 1
>              - level 2
>              - level 2
>         - level 1
>            - level 2
>               - level 3

>          - level 2 even with blank lines on either or both sides.

>            - level 2 even when it's a really long line that goes on and on and
>              never stops and just keeps going and wraps around, as long as the
>              wrapped lines don't start with a hyphen.

> One deficiency (if you see it that way) with this syntax is that you can't
> "skip" levels -- i.e. have a level 3 element straight after a level 1 element.

Couldn't one just wrap enough list environments around such a skipped
level to unskip it? I know that that could be done in LaTeX easily
enough; does it not work for markup such as XML [about which I know
little]?

If it doesn't work, one could simply unskip the level: make any
forward skip a single skip. But I suppose that is just "you can't skip
level's" by another name.

--
Jim Ottaway