[emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: planner-deadline

From: Michael Olson
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: planner-deadline
Date: Sat, 29 Oct 2005 00:59:58 -0500

address@hidden (Edgar Gonçalves) writes:

> .#1 planner-deadline: I had grown very fond of this package, but in
> this planner-muse version if I have many tasks with deadlines, wait
> a few days, and do a \M-x plan <RET> it gets only one deadlined-task
> into the current day. If I repeat the command, another one comes up
> to the current day. and so on and so forth, until I have all my
> tasks present...

This patch should fix the issue -- the main problem was some buggy
behavior in the `planner-copy-or-move-region' function.  I also took
special pains to make sure that the deadline is always updated when
you type M-x plan, as well as when the deadline is changed manually.

2005-10-29 05:54:43 GMT Michael Olson <address@hidden>  patch-81

    Revision:
      planner-muse--mwolson--1.0--patch-81

    * planner-deadline.el: Whitespace munging.  Make sure
     planner-deadline-update to planner-goto-hook -- it's a sure thing that
     this behavior will be desired if you have deadlines!
     (planner-deadline-change-hook): Add planner-deadline-update as the
     default value.

    * planner.el (planner-copy-or-move-region): Optimize.  Only move upwards
      if no tasks exists at this line, or if we encounter an error.  This
      should prevent planner from playing Russian Roulette with tasks from
      previous days, such as deadlines.
      (plan): Use point-min and point-max for the sake of clarity.

    modified files:
     ChangeLog planner-deadline.el planner.el

--
Michael Olson -- FSF Associate Member #652 -- http://www.mwolson.org/
Interests: anime, Debian, XHTML, wiki, Emacs Lisp